Monday, November 5, 2007

Fundraiser "Bake Sale" - 11/05/07


As many of you know, the Spring Semester's Communications Week at FIU is going to be in the hands of AWC, Adscene, and PRSSA. I haven't spoken to anyone from PRSSA, but David Berry (Adscene faculty advisor) has at least one event that he would like to involve them in. We all want the events to be a huge success that will give our students more networking opportunities, as well as bringing more attention to the clubs themselves, and getting more students involved.

One thing that will help ensure the success of these events is sufficient funding. So, in addition to our weekend workshops and Margo's book events, we are having a bake sale. I spoke with Esther from FIU about setting up a table or two for our bake sale. The last thing I need to do is fill out the paper work for FIU funds. Earlier we decided to have our members donate items that we could then bake. This is a good idea, but we have less control that way over exactly what we get. If we can get a purchase order from FIU we can buy exactly what we need. I have a lot of faith in the baking capabilites of Carmen Alayeto, so I think she's probably the best person to go shopping for all of the supplies, or at least make the list (don't worry I'll help). Magaly is working on a budget for the bake sale. She will post the budget here. Please leave a comment if you would like to be involved in the bake sale. Indicate whether you are interested in baking or selling.

2 comments:

Sherise said...

will be hosting a poster party at my house @ 4:00 pm on Monday November 12th. if you can attend email Sherise @ sjame004@fiu.edu, and I will send you the address/directions.

Jeannie I said...

Can't wait for the next!